This tutorial describes how to make a simple WordPress plugin using using General Chicken’s General Way of WordPress development.
There are two test suites in the General Way framework: acceptance and unit tests. Generally, acceptance tests are tests where an actual browser like Chrome is launched. Unit tests, are tests are run in memory without a browser.
Acceptance Test Suite
- uses an SQL dump file to reset the database before each run
- launches an actual browser
- uses Selenium to simulate the actions of a user
Unit Test Suite
- loads blank WordPress installation into memory
- uses the WPTestCase methods